We're doing great on renewing events for 2021. Most clubs have their submissions submitted and just need to do some final reviews. So far there are 317 submitted for 2021, 6 not being renewed and I'm waiting on 85 events for your 2021 plan. I still need these clubs to submit your events by 15 September and several others have one or two events outstanding:
FS Family Wanderers
Olympic Peninsula Explorers
Anchorage Volkssport Club
Some tips for your 2021 sanctions:
- Remove any reference to COVID restrictions. The Starting Point book will be published with this initial input and we should reflect the information as business as usual. After the book is published and we get closer to 2021, we can update with any limitations.
- Ensure Online Start Box (OSB) and Physical Start Box (PSB) information is reflected. Many events are being uploaded to the OSB concurrent with a PSB.
- Add "Sell It" statement in my.ava.org. This information will be published in the Start Point book and can be a key deciding factor on which walks people choose.
- Keep Event Name short. Try to use this as a title and not a description of the walk. There's a block to describe the walk.
- City name only in the "City" block. State is in a separate box.
- Start Point Only. This is the name of the business only. Address goes in the next block titled "Start Point Address and Driving Directions"
- PPSF in Comments box. I look for your request for Per Participant Sanction Fee approval in this box and if I don't see it there you'll likely be charged the sanction fee. It has been a tough year for our remote walks, but continue to limit PPSF requests as much as possible.
- Start Times. Be sure to list start times in the "More Details" section and be sure they agree with any times you list in other sections.
- Update Special Programs (SPs) and Challenges. Be sure to enter SPs for each event. There's a button on your club site under "Events" for Special Programs and you can add state challenges in the event Comments or Description Sections of the sanction.
Thanks for your support in getting this task completed.
NW Regional Director
829 NW 44th Ave
Camas WA 98607
"Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away
from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts." Soren Kierkegaard